Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Old Habits Die Hard

I spent the first ten minutes of my arrival time to work looking for parking. There's not a day that I make it to the office that I don't. Some days, its quick, once around and then I park in the wayback where I know there's a free space, bit some days... Today. I looked and looked, I think I drove three times around. And I found one! W close one. Eureka! So here's the thing... 2.5 months ago... I had to. I couldn't physically do it. I would sit in my car and pray. Pay for strength. Pray for help,. I would just pray... Lord please help me get to the front door. I was in so much pain, and misery. My feel wept... Literally. Anyway that's not my current situation. I can make it. From ANYWHERE in that parking lot. The farthest, farthest corner of that lot... This fat ass can make it! Then someone tell me, please tell me; why the 10 minute search? Is it just a bad habit? Do I abhor the possible sweaty skein I may generate in my walk in? Look, tight now I may away less, but I still sweat. Well at the lower level we may call it perspiring. So drive around... Shoot with the current price of gas, I just can't afford that habit. And yet I continue. So what other Maxwell bad habits am I holding on to? (My bad habits are nowhere hear as melodious as Maxwell's, trust me!)
The truth is I don't want to own this habit anymore. I'm doing something different. I font know what yet because I sure to hate walking in from far away...
Another habit that hasn't yet died? Man I can still eat... It's markedly less, but I can still overeat. Seriously if I truly stop eating when I'm full... Two bites. Two bites. Can you imagine? I don't have to imagine. It's true ( did I mention 2 bites?) That drives me batty, cuckoo, mad. So I eat typically up 4 bites, sometimes up to 5. That's not good. It hampers my progress... How do I get through that? I can't throw that food out, can i?

2 comments:

LOGICAL LANE said...

Morning Abby,

First it's hot in Texas, so I can understand the parking lot thing. However you know you have to move so change your mind, change your life.
2nd stop eating- just think how extra sexy your gonna be,the pain you went thru to have the surgery and just do it like Nike.

I stuck a sticky on my scale that says 200lbs. I am envisioning myself at 200lbs. One day at a time, don't beat yourself up, just remind yourself to be consistent. You motivate me girl.. Lost 10lbs since our last talk according to my scale. Youre an inspiration. Love you for keeping it real

Jo Jones said...

It's good that you're willing to change your old habits. I used to park far away from front doors because I consider walking from my car and taking the stairs exercise.

Once it get below 100 degrees, I'll start parking far away from the door again. Like you, I don't enjoy arriving at work glistening with delicate drops of moisture on forehead and body. (AKA being nasty and sweaty.)

I haven't done real exercise lately, but I used to do Wii fit. I lost a lot of weight doing the workouts. The program isn't strenuous, but it works. It also motivates you because your screen avatar shows you what you look like. Wii keeps it real.