Sunday, October 2, 2011

There are no belt loops!



The shopping that I'm doing these days ie in my closet. Thanks Katie Mac! With some success and some failures. I honestly don't know how clothes are supposed to fit... Almost (note almost) 100 pounds ago... The looser the better. I didn't (dont) think I was fooling any dam body , but comfort ruled the day. I was like OJ if the pants fit... It was time to quit (i took some liberties with that, but you get it.) I dine like anything clinging, fitting, snug. It want attractive at all. I say all this to say I don't know how clothes are supposed to fit, and these days as I shop my closet, I'm not yet ready to let go of those items that just don't fit. L3ga talked those jeans I found hanging on well on q hanger the other week. They were jeans... And I hadn't worn jeans in 10 years... Actually more like 15 or 20 or 25 years. But anyway... I tried them on, and they buttoned, and zipped, and I thought... They might be a little big. But dam they are jeans! Those of you who saw me at work were all privy to a 3 point turn... I liked it. Except. Well except they were too Dammit big. I couldn't put anything in the pockets, or I would be showing undies. The butt and crotch were a little low. I know all this now, that day I thought their were Just fine. Except I knew I needed a belt. I fully planned on wearing a belt that morning, and voila... No belt loops!
Tomorrow I wear a pair of khaki pants that have been announced by others as too big. It's been suggested I throw them away... The pants have belt loops, so I'm wearing them!
Listen the thing isn't that I'm trying to hold on to the past. Most of these clothes I could NEVER fit, and they still had tags on them... It's the last time I bought pants... They fit on Tuesday, and by Friday they were too bog. I can't afford that sh@#t. So belts it is.
It's important to note o have been given the most generous gifts of clothes...thank you Tracy d, and Juanita Mac!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I am soooo happy for you Abbs! Your doing great, I can tell...cant wait to see the new you!